Senior Finance Project Manager – Business Change and Transformation-1 year Contract
Business Management Office
Brookfield Corporate Operations (BCO) provides integrated global business support to Brookfield Asset Management group companies. We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to be part of a strategic operational transformation program that aims to realize significant business improvements through re-structuring key operations across a global organization. This is a business-critical role, one that will offer some fantastic exposure and end-to-end delivery of some of the most complex change projects taking place in the market today.
Working closely with the Business Management Office, part a global organization that provides a holistic view of how the organization’s assets and resources are allocated and then monitor’s performance and receives information about return on investment (ROI). The project manager will report directly to the CFO, BCO. For this critical role, we are looking for someone with 7-10 years of Corporate Finance & Strategy experience.
• Work closely with all transformational program manager & work streams project managers to development the planning and business case for the business management office
• Oversee project timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition in accordance a standardized Project Lifecycle process
• Prepare or coordinate the preparation of the project organization, milestone roadmap, business requirements documents (BRD), request for proposals (RFP), business process documentation including inputs & outputs, project success metrics and management presentations
• Act as a liaison between the transformation project managers to insure all project interdependences are captured
• Identify and manage the major project milestones which requires the ability to seek out material issues impacting the project and quickly resolve the issues to ensure timelines and functionality expectations are met
• Communicate project status on a regular basis, monitor and manage project risk throughout the life of the project, prepare the business for change readiness as well as conduct post implementation audit reviews
• Plan for expenses and revenues (where appropriate), by individual project – and by groups of projects
• Generate and analyze project financials for individual projects and groups
• Analyze the funding requirements and revenue generation potential for individual projects and groups of projects??
• Analyze and approve workforce requirements and asset requirements
for individual projects and groups of projects??
• Enable the analysis, and approval process by Business Unit Leaders and Finance managers for individual projects and groups of projects within the
overall financial plan??
• Enable intercompany project planning and reconciliation to get a complete corporate view of projects within the overall financial plan
• Enable continued monitoring of project financials within the overall
• Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with
global business partners
• 3 years successful finance business process re-engineering (BPR)
• PMI/PMP certification is a plus
• Ability to innovate and share best practices with members of the project team
• Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
will also be critical
• Ability to drive the project forward with a sense of urgency
• Working knowledge of common financial terms, key processes and theories
You must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, global environment and be capable of balancing multiple priorities that are deadline driven. Must have excellent technical, analytical, and communications skills along with experience leading cross-functional teams. Solid business judgment, including fact-based and data-driven decision making are critical along with the ability to work well with all levels of leadership and an ability to actively engage stakeholders and team members to ensure that projects are done on time and within budget. Role may require some degree of travel both domestically and internationally
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems;
• CPA, MBA or PMI preferred