Security Guard - Alberta Security Licence Required
Security and Life Safety
Manager, Security and Life Safety
This position is responsible for providing front-line security to maintain a safe and secure environment for the tenants and customers of our Brookfield properties. This position requires rotating shift work including weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Patrol building lobbies, exterior areas, information desks, parkades, retail areas, and mechanical areas
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, contractors etc. ensure a high level of access control to the building
• Oversee the day to day operation of the Security Control Centre, ensure response to calls are done in a timely manner
• Deliver superior customer service to internal/external clients
• Investigate and assist with response to all incidents that occur while on shift, ensure accurate documentation through incident management system
• Respond and provide support in relation to emergency response situations (fire alarms, medical emergencies, bomb threats etc.)
• Mentor junior security staff in the carrying out of their duties
This position requires a dedicated team player with a keen commitment to providing personalized customer service. Proven problem solving and decision making skills are essential in order to perform in stressful situations. This position must deal with safety-related issues in a confidential and mature manner. Excellent communication (written and oral), organizational and time management skills are necessary.
Previous experience in the Security field is an asset.
Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent. Must have a current security license under the Security Services and Investigators Act. Candidates must have or be working towards accreditation as a Certified Protection Officer.
Knowledge and operation of fire alarm panels, security systems (including card access system), intercom system, two-way radio, telephones, CCTV system and basic computer skills