Project Manager, Construction Services
Project Manager, Construction Services
Vice President, Construction Services
Responsible for providing project/construction management services, as well as administering and supervising Tenant and Landlord improvement activities for Brookfield Office Properties.
- Responsible for working with Tenants, their designers and contractors, and reviewing Tenants drawing submissions to ensure that proposed design and construction meets Brookfield guidelines and standards; recommend changes to drawings and specifications for compliance with Brookfield standards and ease of construction; monitoring Tenant’s construction projects to ensure that procedures, materials, and equipment comply with approved plans, specifications, and samples, building standards and quality; maintain, revise, and update Construction Standards as a result of code changes or company standard changes; ensure that required start up documents are received and filed.
- Co-ordinate with tenants, their consultants and contractors during construction to assist in resolving building issues, site problems, and to assist in maintaining project schedule; review documentation during construction progress to include shop drawings, schedules, site instructions, change orders, and other events affecting the project; ensure that required closeout documents are received and filed, and that all permits are closed; manage documentation and process release of Tenant allowances.
- Prepare budget estimates and schedules for Landlord Work and capital expenditures; recommend selection of consultants and contractors for Landlord Work; prepare and review tender documents, consultant contracts, purchase orders; notify building operations and security of pending construction; coordinate and assist with final project inspections; monitor completion of deficiency lists; review projects at end of warranty period for defects and non-compliance items; advise management of up-to-date construction management concepts and practices.
- Co-ordinate and support the Leasing (office and retail) and Legal Departments, as well as the Property Management offices; assist Leasing (office & retail) and Legal Departments in finalizing lease documents related to construction work and issues; assist Leasing (office and retail) in leasing, sub-dividing, demolition, make good, and modifications to vacant premises; assist Property Management in building modifications, capital projects, finishes selection, and research.
- Approve invoices and tenant allowances; review and recommend approval of payments to contractors, suppliers, etc. for quantities of materials received or used and work completed during specific periods; develop, recommend, and maintain accurate and current project budgets.
Service oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The successful candidate must demonstrate superb leadership and be able to set priorities in a fast paced environment. Consistently courteous and professional customer service skills are essential for developing and sustaining relationships with contractors, consultants and Tenants. Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking and problem solving skills are required. A positive attitude and professional image are essential.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience with a retail design firm or national retailer (food service or other) in the capacity of designer/project manager.
- Experience with commercial and base building construction and renovations is required.
- Capable of working with new and existing retail and commercial office tenants.
- Post-secondary education; University degree preferred.
- Architectural or ARIDO Designation preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of building codes, contract law, construction material, design concepts, and local municipality requirements and regulations.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and specifications; and maintaining project documentation and files.
- Experience with negotiations and budgeting a definite asset.
- Basic Project Accounting knowledge.
- Knowledge of construction, contract practices, and close out procedures.
- Computer Software knowledge of MS Office 2010, Outlook, Auto-View, Microsoft Project.