22 Front Street West is one of 12 surviving historic buildings at the Brookfield Place site that were incorporated as an integral component of the complex’s design and preserved as part of Toronto's living heritage.
22 Front Street West, known as the Gowans-Kent Building, was constructed in 1923 and occupied by Cassidy's Limited, one of Canada's largest suppliers of chinaware, as their offices, warehouses and sample rooms. It was designed by the Montreal architectural firm of MacVicar and Heriot and includes a striking and intricately detailed stone façade. The Front Street façade exhibits a Beaux Arts classical influence, as well as characteristics of the Chicago style, particularly in the upper fenestration and window detail.
Connected to the underground PATH System, 22 Front Street West is steps away from major hotels, retail and entertainment centres. Our buildings are run at the highest standard. Our on-site properties and facility management teams (along with the security and fire-safety director) ensure the building is maintained through the use of web-based service request management systems, and enforcing "Going Green" programs throughout the property. Brookfield Office Properties Canada is 90% owned by Brookfield Office Properties.
Building Size (000's Sq. Ft.)
Year Built: 1923
Year Renovated: 1986
Number of Floors: 14
Building Architect: MacVicar and Heriot
Typical Floor Size: 11,000 RSF
In addition to some of the core services found in our buildings, amenities specific to Brookfield Place include:
- Underground parking facility for 1,465 vehicles
- On-site management and 24/7 access and security
- In-house car wash & detailing service
- Bicycle racks and storage lockers
- Internal courier and delivery service
- Child care facility
- Courtesy locksmith, phones and battery boost station
- Restaurants, retail shops and food court
- Complementary web-based Concierge and work-order system
- Executive shower facility
- Shredding services
- Tenant Fire Safety Team
- Digital media screen advertising
- Surrounding theatres, convention centre and other amenities, including Rogers Centre, Air Canada Centre and the Harbourfront area